Slab Logistics FAQ
So you just bought a slab- and you've probably got some questions. Here's a list of our most frequently asked:
- Shipping Lead Time: once the slab is dry and ready to ship, it usually takes 7 to 10 business days to pack and skid your order.
- Freight Delivery Times: delivery times depend on your location, the volume of your order, and current weather conditions. They are calculated Monday through Friday ONLY.
- Residential Deliveries: residential deliveries are by appointment only.
- Unloading: the consignee (you) is responsible for unloading at the time of delivery. An average skid can weigh anywhere from 600 to 1,000 pounds. The LTL service will not assist in unloading. Liftgate services may be available at an extra charge, but most of our inventory is too big.
- Receiving: receiving to an address with a dock or access to a forklift is easiest. Moving companies are a great option!
- Terminal: shipping to terminal is also an option- please call or email us to arrange this.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 503-477-6744, or email Cyndi, our freight manager, here: firstname.lastname@example.org.