WORK AT GOBY: MILL HAND
Goby Walnut & Western Hardwoods is seeking one full-time employee to join our mill team. We are a small hardwood sawmill with dry kilns, and a wood shop. We sell dry lumber and slabs directly to the public out of our retail location, and ship across the globe to distributors, wood-workers, etc.
We offer full benefits, paid vacation, and use of our wood shop. Position is team oriented – you will be working with coworkers at the sawmill to stack lumber, cut logs to length, and pull material for internal and external orders by hand, and by forklift.
- Cleaning/ organizing yard
- Helping the sawmill produce lumber – offloading boards and running forklift
- Shoveling sawdust, processing firewood, cleaning off-cuts from the mill
- Stickering and stacking green lumber
- Cutting logs to length with chainsaw, waxing logs to prep for the mill
- Green inventory management
- Experience with tools and chainsaws
- Experience with forklift
- Able to read a tape measure
- Able to lift 80 lbs or more repeatedly
- Comfortable and happy with physical working environment
- Positive attitude, demonstrated dependability, willing to work as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation
- Mechanical/woodworking or carpentry skills a plus
- Pay depends on experience – contact for details
- Opportunity for side woodworking projects
- Free use of woodshop on own time
- 40% off wood for personal use
- Health insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation
Please email Aaron with a resume and a short blurb about yourself.