Goby Walnut & Western Hardwoods is seeking one full-time or part-time shop employee. We are a small Hardwood sawmill with dry kilns, and a wood shop. We sell dry lumber and slabs directly to the public out of our retail location, and ship across the globe to distributors, wood-workers etc.
We offer full benefits, paid vacation, and use of our wood shop. Position is team oriented – you will be working to pull lumber for orders, process material, and to keep the shop neat and clean.
- Working with other employees to fulfill customer requests for lumber
- Processing material – using machines such as the planer, jointer, radial arm saw, and bandsaw
- Organize warehouse with forklift
- Cleaning, packaging material to ship, and receiving items
- 1 year experience with woodshop tools – planer, jointer, bandsaw, table saw, chop saw etc.
- Experience with forklift
- Able to read a tape measure
- Able to lift 70 lbs repeatedly
- Comfortable with physical working environment
- Positive attitude, demonstrated dependability, willing to work as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation
Hours: M-F, 7 am-4pm
* Hours may be flexible depending on experience*
- Entry level position. Pay depends on experience.
- Opportunity for side woodworking projects
- Free use of woodshop on own time
- 40% off wood for personal use
- Health insurance, 401K
- Paid vacation
Please Email Aaron with resume and short blurb.