Goby Walnut & Western Hardwoods is seeking one full-time shop employee. We are a small hardwood sawmill with dry kilns, and a wood shop. We sell dry lumber and slabs directly to the public out of our retail location, and ship across the globe to distributors, wood-workers, etc.
We offer full benefits, paid vacation, and use of our wood shop. Position is team oriented – you will be working to pull lumber for orders, process material, and to keep the shop neat and clean.
- Working with other employees to fulfill customer requests for lumber
- Processing material – using machines such as the planer, jointer, radial arm saw, and bandsaw
- Organize warehouse with forklift
- Cleaning, packaging material to ship, and receiving items
- 1 year experience with woodshop tools – planer, jointer, bandsaw, table saw, chop saw etc.
- Experience with forklift
- Able to read a tape measure
- Able to lift 70 lbs repeatedly
- Comfortable with physical working environment
- Positive attitude, demonstrated dependability, willing to work as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm
- Pay depends on experience – contact for details
- Opportunity for side woodworking projects
- Free use of woodshop on own time
- 40% off wood for personal use
- Health insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation
Please email Aaron with a resume and a short blurb about yourself.